The presence of LOCM such as Uttravist in the blood stream encourages lowering of blood\viscosity v ia osmodilution. LOCM passes in to glomerular filtrate. Residual hyperosmolality of filtrate increases osmotic pressure of tubular fluid and reduces water reabsorption. More water is retained in tubules, d iluting and further lowering viscosity of tubular fluid (osmodiuresis-). Preserved GFR and fluid flow through tubules and renal blood vessels.
- Pyrogen-Free aqueous solution
- Helps diagnose problems with brain, heart, and blood vessels
- Nonionic sterile, clear, colorless to slightly yellow
- No preservatives
Unlike IOCM, LOCM such as Ultravist encourages dilution of blood and urine, lowering in vivo viscosity and preserving renal hemodynamics.
Osmodilution and osmodiuresis has seen in patients receiving Ultravist': Marked (~20%) decrease in blood viscosity measure in 10 patients undergoingDSA with Ultravist' 370.
- Double-blind, randomized trial data illustrate increased renal dilution of CM in patients receiving
- Ultravist compared to those receiving IOCM iodixanol. Lopromide Injection
- IOCM iodixanol ( ~290 mosm/kgH2O)
- IOCM iodixanol is iso-osmola to blood.
- Dilution of blood and urine is not encouraged
- Viscosity of blood and urine is increased
- Renal hemodynamics become impaired
- Viscosity,Osmodiuresis,Kidney Retention, and Renal Damage:
- Preclinical and Clinical Evidence
- Ultravist causes less of an increase in urine viscosity compared to IOCM and may therefore better preserve urine flow
In humans undergoing cardiac intervention, compared to IOCM iodixanol, LOCM Ultravist
- Causes significantly
- Less of an increase in urine viscosity
- Less of a decrease in urine production
- 1000 Per Day
- 7 Days
310 , Deep Shikha Building, No. 8, Rajendra Place New Delhi Delhi India +918037400366